Last week i improved the design and functionality of amgf.py, the (open-source) Sage module i wrote to compute asymptotics of coefficients of multivariate generating functions. If you'd like to try out the module, goto my R&D page to download it or the corresponding Sage patch which is awaiting review. Let me know if you find any bugs or have any constructive criticism. Thanks.
- 8 deglet nour dates, pits removed
- 2 C almonds
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C shredded coconut
- 1/4–1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175 Celcius.
- In a food processor, grind the dates, almonds, baking soda, salt, and vanilla into a fine mix.
- Add the coconut oil and egg, and blend for a few more seconds until mixed.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl, and stir in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Shape the mix into roughly 12 cookies and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, roughly 15 minutes.
Makes roughly 12 cookies. C = cup, T = tablespoon, t = teaspoon.
My favorite Hare Krishna recipe.
- 1 C chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 T fennel seeds
- 1/8 C curry leaves
- 1/2 T asafetida
- 400 mL coconut cream
- 400 mL chopped tomato
- 1 golden kumara, chopped
- 1/2 T ground fennel seeds
- 3/4 T ground coriander seeds
- 3/4 T ground fenugreek
- 1/2 T turmeric
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/4 T garam masala
- 1 T channa masala
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 t tamarind concentrate
- 1 t salt or to taste
- chopped coriander for garnish
- Boil the chickpeas until tender, reserve liquid, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute cinnamon, unground fennel seeds, curry leaves, and asafetida in coconut oil until fragrant.
- Add coconut cream, chopped tomato, and sweet potato and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer and add the remaining spices.
- Cook for until the potato is just short of tender (about 13 minutes).
- Add the broccoli and tamarind and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and enough chickpea liquid to reach your desired consistency.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
Makes about 5 servings. C = cup, T = tablespoon, t = teaspoon.
The failure of globalization and how small, slow, and local is the way to go.
By Wildbirds and Peacedrums from their 2008 album The Snake.
Video sourced from YouTube here.
Why no comments? I used to do public comments but found that moderating and maintaining them took too much time in front of the computer, time better spent playing outdoors. So these days I only do private comments, that is, you can email me comments regarding a post by clicking the 'Comment' link at the bottom of the post.